Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back To School 2013: Classroom Tour

Whew!

This chick is T-I-R-E-D. & just to think...students haven't even started back to school!  

What's the saying?  


That being said...this post will be heavy on pictures & light on text.

I know there has been the ongoing debate of Cuteness Vs. Not which has been a hot topic again in the teacher world lately.  My view is I remember being in school as a child and really appreciating the visually appealing & print rich rooms.  I want to make my classroom a fun and inviting place for my students (some of them need an escape from their home life).  We also spend more time in our classrooms than our own homes, so I like to make it a place I "enjoy" being in.  If I can have a "cute" room and still have the time to provide my students with wonderful, rigorous lessons, why not?!

Here is my First Grade Math, Science & Writing classroom for the 2013-2014 school year.  
(I also included pictures from orientation including my station set up...loved it!)


























This year I did stations for the parents to visit around the room during orientation.  It gave me the opportunity to speak with all of them, make sure all paperwork was filled out & for the parents to explore the room.  I didn't feel overwhelmed with questions & was able to spend ample time with everyone.  I had coloring sheets spread out for the kiddos to color & draw while their parents did the boring stuff...  I will definitely do this again next year!



Transportation Station

Find your child's cubby & seat.  Take home the folder at their seat with info inside.

Sign up for Remind101

Students dropped off supplies by labeled areas (if they brought them) 
&
If parents could donate a regularly used supply, they took home an owl with the item written on it.


Here's to a wonderful year to my fellow teacher friends!  May you experience success, keep a smile on your face & find the perfect balance!


Aloha,
Juliana







<

No comments:

Post a Comment