Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Metabolism Boosting De-Bloat Detoxifying Water

...or just refreshingly yummy!

About a year ago, I swore off sodas.  Not only did I make the decision for weight reasons (hello sugars!), but also for health reasons.  I have an autoimmune disease called POTS.  Not Pots & Pans, but Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome.  Among the list of symptoms from POTS, digestive issues is a big one.  Carbonated beverages can cause your body to feel full of air and uncomfortable.

I made the decision to cut them out and at first it was a tough rule to follow.  How often to you crave soda?? It's sweet, bubbly, caffeinated & an American favorite.  I grew up in Atlanta where Coke is a true classic and staple in the house (Pepsi, no thanks).  When we go out to eat, places usually only sell sodas or sugary drinks which can make staying strong to the choice hard.  But I found that the more I stayed true to my decision, the easier it became to drink water and other beverages. (Just think of the $$$ you save by ordering water!)

I'm a huge fan of San Pellegrino and Perrier. Both of these beverages are sparkling water.  It gives you the feeling of drinking a soda without all of the sugars.  Score!

I'm always in search of something new to try to give some variety.  Without variety, it can be easy to give in to temptation. I stumbled across the Detox Water on Pinterest (LOVE Pinterest) and gave it a try.  It boasts the ability to boost metabolism by making you feel full; de-bloats with the help of mint (great for your GI); and detoxifies with cucumber.

Most importantly...it's refreshing!  

I've posted this on my Instagram and Facebook, but have been asked a few more times for the recipe for "that water you posted about."  So I thought I would do a blog post.

Metabolism Boosting De-Bloat Detoxifying Water


2L water
1 lemon, sliced
1/2 cucumber. sliced
1/2 lime, sliced (optional)
1 handful fresh mint leaves

Toss lemon, cucumber, and mint leaves into the water.  Allow to infuse overnight in the fridge.  The goal is to drink the whole 2L in one day.  I know that sounds like a lot, but it's so refreshing (& it's so HOT outside) you won't have any trouble doing so.

My little mint garden flower box :)
sweet mint - orange mint - peppermint

My favorite part of this recipe...wait for it...my HUSBAND actually LIKES it and asks for MORE!

Enjoy!

If you'd like to follow my Pinterest boards, just click on the lovely P button under the About Me on the right side.


Best,
Juliana




No comments:

Post a Comment