Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of School


I didn't eat all day and got home after 5:30, but I survived the first day of school & had an exciting day with my new darlings!  

I'm keeping positive thoughts for an awesome school year & am excited to see what this year has in store for all of us.


Loved snapping pictures of the kiddos holding this cute frame!  I'll print them out and send them home on Friday for their parents' fridges.  


Still one of my favorite activities to do on the first day of school...I tell the kiddos to close their eyes & imagine the best kind of Math teacher they could ask for.  They open their eyes, raise their hands and share some of the descriptions.  The kiddos love sharing their ideas!  When we are finished, I make a promise to them to do my very best to be all of the things they want their Math teacher to be.  I then ask them if they can promise to also be those things!  It's a great ice breaker.

I hope every teacher out there had a wonderful day & hopefully, if you're a parent, your kiddos had an awesome first day!


Aloha,
Juliana

<

No comments:

Post a Comment